Ana de Armas reacts to BAFTA nomination

Ana de Armas reacts to BAFTA nomination

Rosalina Ibbott 0 17 2023.08.29 12:01
took to Instagram on Thursday to share her excitement after being nominated for her first ever .
The 34-year-old Cuban-born actress was given the nod for her leading role as Marilyn Monroe in the controversial film Blonde.
Up against her in the same category - Leading Actress - is Cate Blanchett (Tar), Viola Davis (The Woman King), Danielle Deadwyler (Till), Emma Thompson (Good Luck to You, Leo Grande) and Michelle Yeoh (Everything Everywhere All At Once).
Exciting: Ana de Armas took to Instagram on Thursday to share her excitement after being nominated for her first ever BAFTA for her portrayal of Marilyn Monroe in Blonde
Posting on her Instagram Stories, she told her 9.2M followers: 'I'm overjoyed!! This is a dream!! Thank you so much @bafta'.
The BAFTA nominations were announced earlier on Thursday by and Toheeb Jimoh, ahead of next month's ceremony for the 76th annual film awards set to be hosted by actor .  
RELATED ARTICLES

Share this article

It was a first time for many as 14 of the 24 nominees in the performance categories received their first BAFTA Film nod.
Alongside Ana, , 31, and Paul Mescal, 26, were among the first time nominees for their work in Elvis and Aftersun respectively.
Proud moment: The 34-year-old Cuban-born actress was given the nod for her leading role as Marilyn Monroe in the controversial film Blonde

window.FFF = window.FFF || {};
window.FFF.currency = '{"gbpToAud":1.8394}';

window.FFF = window.FFF || {};
window.FFF.ad = window.FFF.ad || inline: adAdded: false, overlay: celebNames: '';
window.FFF.ad.overlay.celebNames = 'Ana_de_Armas'; //add celebnames to be used by the overlay
window.FFF.ad.inline.adCallback = function (content, infix)
var inline,
back;
if (!infix)
inline = document.getElementById('fff-inline');
infix = '';
else
infix = '_' + infix.replace(/^_/g, '');
inline = document.getElementById('fff' + infix) && document.getElementById('fff' + infix).firstChild;

back = getBackElementById();
if (isAsyncMode() && inline) setAdInCompatibilityMode();

if (back && !infix)
back.appendChild(inline);

//delay the call because AdImpression.registerThirdPartyImpression has a timeout
setTimeout(function ()
DM.onDocReady(function ()
AdImpression.registerImpression(document.getElementById('fff'), function ()
DM.Log.log('ad impression registered');
);
);
, 50);

function isAsyncMode()
return content && (typeof content === 'string') && !back;

function setAdInCompatibilityMode()
var container = document.createElement('div'), i = 0, element, children;
container.innerHTML = content;
children = container.childNodes;
// Going in reverse order as it is prepending the elements
for (i = children.length; i--;)
element = children[i];
if (element && element.tagName === 'DIV')
inline.parentNode.insertBefore(element, inline.nextSibling);
if (isElementIdEqualsToBackElementId(element.id))
back = element;

if (children.length && !infix)

function isElementIdEqualsToBackElementId(elementId) elementId === 'fff' + infix + '_back_wide';

function getBackElementById() document.getElementById('fff' + infix + '_back_wide');

;

class="fff-inline"
data-fff_url="https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/01/19/18/66759581-11654761-image-a-2_1674153243862.jpg" data-fff_person_name="Ana de Armas" data-fff_product_id="1260607"
data-fff_product_types="dresses,maxi" data-fff_trends="awards,black,column,crystal,maxi,red carpet,strapless,train" data-fff_article_id="11654761"
data-fff_main_title="Accentuate your glam like Ana wearing Louis Vuitton" website
data-fff_capped_bodys_first_paragraph="The 80th Annual Golden Globe Awards delivered all the glamour!..." data-fff_share_url=""
data-fff_preview_title="Accentuate your glam like Ana wearing Louis Vuitton" data-fff_open_main_overlay_on_hover="true">

Follow

The 80th Annual Golden Globe Awards delivered all the glamour!

Naturally, the first big awards show of the season attracted a plethora of famous faces, including Ana De Armas.

The Bond Girl gave us a timeless Hollywood look thanks to stylist Samantha McMillen who dressed the actress in this Louis Vuitton gown.

The strapless dress is designed with a crystal-embellished column front framed by floor-length panels to create a flattering silhouette.

The dress might not be available to buy, but the current collection is - click to shop!

So you can recreate her red carpet look, we've rounded up embellished dresses to suit all budgets. Check out the Editor's favourite by Forever Unique.

...NOW GET ONE LIKE IT

adverts.addToArray(id: 'fff-inline-accessorise-ad', type: '632x132', pos: 'native_fff_accessorise', FFFtype: 'inline', fff: true);

//only pick one inline ad
if (!window.FFF.ad.inline.added)
window.FFF.ad.inline.added = true;
var dfpType = '840x114';
if (false) dfpType = '964x85';
adverts.addToArray(id: 'fff', type: dfpType, pos: 'fff', extraZoneOptions: FFFname: 'Ana_de_Armas', FFFtype: 'inline', fff: true);

In the Best Director category, four of the six are first time Director nominees. 
The BAFTAs will be broadcast on BBC One and BBC iPlayer on February 19. 
Blonde is a fictionalized chronicle of the inner life of Marilyn Monroe.
There was in September after more than a decade of troubled production.
While critics praised Ana de Armas' performance, they could not agree whether the uncompromising, nearly three-hour film is an artistic tour de force or another cruel layer of exploitation perpetrated against the 20th century icon.
BAFTA nominations Новые фильмы 2023 скачать бесплатно - tv.kinchik.se: Ana, (pictured) Austin Butler and Paul Mescal are among the stars receiving their first ever nods after they were announced on Thursday 
For ID magazine, Blonde was labelled a 'guttural, instinctive, anguished filmmaking that bends space, time, and every cinematic tool at its disposal in service of attaining emotional truth'.
Or viewers might have taken the position of the New Yorker's Richard Brody, who called it 'ridiculously vulgar', seeing the endless torment that Monroe experiences on-screen as 'a special kind of directorial sadism'.
There were certainly no punches being pulled by Australian director Andrew Dominik in his adaptation of the hit semi-fictional book of the same name by Joyce Carol Oates.
From the trauma of a mentally unstable and violent mother, through her rape at the hands of a studio boss, to a particularly sordid scene with president John F Kennedy, Monroe's life is depicted as one of relentless abuse and anguish.
Dominik spent 11 years trying to get the film made, and has credited the #MeToo movement against sexual assault with finally generating interest in the story -- though he reportedly fought long and hard with Netflix over long running time and graphic scenes.
Armas told reporters at the Venice Film Festival, where the film premiered last year, that she had to go to 'uncomfortable, dark and vulnerable' places for the role.
'She was all I thought about, all I dreamed about, all I could talk about. She was with me, and it was beautiful,' she said.
The crew filmed in the real locations where Monroe was born and died, with Dominik saying the shoot 'took on elements of a seance'.
Ana v the real deal: De Armas, L, in a scene from Blonde, and Marilyn, R, filming The Seven Year Itch in 1954
It is a star-making turn for Armas, who worked for months with a vocal coach to overcome her Cuban accent and find a voice that could express Monroe's character as well as her own unique intonations.
'On the first day of filming, I went home with this sense of awe that I had the privilege of actually working with Marilyn Monroe,' co-star Adrien Brody, who plays husband Arthur Miller, said in Venice.
Last week Ana said she was able to painstakingly re-create Monroe's scenes for Blonde as the acting icon's films were being played on set at the same time as her shots.
The actress revealed the secret to getting her performance as Marilyn as accurate as possible on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon a week ago when she was asked if she have to do every take 'a thousand times.'
Throwing herself into character: Ana told reporters at the Venice Film Festival, where the film premiered last year, that she had to go to 'uncomfortable, dark and vulnerable' places for the role; pictured in Blonde 
She said about 55-year-old director Andrew Dominik's process: 'A lot of times, yeah. 
'Andrew is an incredible filmmaker and also very detailed and precise and it was really important for him and me and every department to really nail these re-creations.
'And, so we had two monitors. Our movie and then Marilyn's movie and they were playing both at the same time. 
'And, if we didn't get it right, we had to do it again.
'There was a moment where my hairstylist kept coming back and forth to me and the monitor to fix my hair and she was, poor thing, doing so many trips that I just go with her to the monitors. 
'And I realized that she is looking at Marilyn trying to fix my hair… she wasn't looking at me.
'So, yeah, it is a testament to, you know the incredible work that the art department and hair and makeup and wardrobe did.'
Ana also said she stunned the cast and crew of Blonde by screaming on the set of her upcoming John Wick spin-off Ballerina when she was told she had been nominated for a Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama award. 
RELATED ARTICLES

Share this article

She added: 'So I'm on set and they were just like in between takes they're changing lenses or something and my assistant comes with a phone, like, very straight faced and just gives me something to read and it was this text chain.
'And I start reading, and then I realized what I'm reading, and I scream, but of course it was a stunt scene, so everyone got very worried thinking that something was happening.
'I was like, ''No, no, no. It's okay."'      
Re-create: Last week Ana said she was able to painstakingly re-create Monroe's scenes for Blonde as the acting icon's films were being played on set at the same time as her shots

Comments

글이 없습니다.
제목
답변대기 | Test
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory KakaoTalk NaverBand